Saturday, September 25, 2010

The mechanical


Yes, I know it may seem a bit excessive posting twice in one day, but I feel like I'd better get some things out there while I can!
Our first beginner lessons have been on the line. The shape, curve, density, and basically anything and everything else. Our first major grade is to create four drawings that display four different kinds of lines: mechanical, lyrical, aggressive, and calligraphic.
Here is the first picture. The mechanical line.
You may be in awe of this pristine work of art. You should be. I only worked three hours on it. Think I'm exaggerating? Wait till you see my aggressive line drawing. That's where I took out my frustration. This bad boy isn't the first sketch. In fact, I probably drew about ten+ rough drafts trying to measure the lines to the sixteenth of an inch. Each lovely line is coated twice so that no line/marker marks can be seen. Yes, permanent marker two hours in a row isn't healthy(i took breaks).
But alas! I finally finished it.
so here it is.
for you to enjoy.
sharpie smell free:)

1 comments:

Genny said...

I can't believe how straight you got the lines. Wow! Looks "practically perfect in every way!"